The Processor will have the knowledge and qualifications to work with clients to complete mortgage loan applications. This position will require collecting employment and financial data, applicant’s assets, current debts and monthly expenses. The Processor will verify all data given to them by clients.
Key Responsibility Areas
- Prepares mortgage loan file by reviewing loan application; clarifying or obtaining additional information.
- Confirms mortgage loan application information by mailing verification forms; contacting verification sources.
- Obtains mortgage loan documentation by ordering credit report, land survey, building appraisal, title, and related information.
- Identifies mortgage loan application and documentation problems by highlighting deficiencies; notifying mortgage loan underwriter and mortgage loan supervisor.
- Prepares closing statements and informs borrowers by calculating principal and interest payments, and closing costs; forwards information to borrowers.
- Keeps information accessible by sorting, organizing, and filing documents. Maintains customer confidence by keeping mortgage loan information confidential.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; maintaining personal networks.
- Accomplishes bank mission by completing related results as needed.
- Communication Proficiency.
- Time Management.
- Operate standard office equipment (computer, fax machine, copier, etc.)
Required Education and Experience
- High School diploma; college degree preferred
- Must have 3 or more years of processing or closing experience
– This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
– This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones.
– The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
– This is a full-time position.
– This position requires no travel
– Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.